Burglar guilty of £1m Belgravia heist plot handled £100k worth of hair extensions stolen in Alperton
- Credit: Archant
A man jailed today for plotting a £1million jewellery raid in Belgravia has also admitted handling £100,000 worth of hair extensions stolen in Alperton.
Mark William Harding pleaded guilty to fencing the stolen goods which were taken from commercial premises in Hanger Lane last September.
The 45-year-old also admitted his part in heist in Eaton Place, one of the most exclusive streets in London, and was jailed for four years and four months.
Southwark Crown Court heard Harding, from Enfield, soiled himself when an armed police officer put a gun in his face and arrested him and his three accomplices.
Rashid Allen, 24, from Mitcham was sentenced to three years and four months, Gavin James, 36, from Morden, two years and 34-year-old Peter John Costello from Wallington, was jailed for two years and eight months.
You may also want to watch:
They all admitted taking part in the attempted raid in September last year.
James, Costello and Harding will have the five months they served in custody deducted from their sentence.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 7 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
All four were told they would probably serve half their sentences before being released on licence.