Burglar guilty of £1m Belgravia heist plot handled £100k worth of hair extensions stolen in Alperton
- Credit: Archant
A man jailed today for plotting a £1million jewellery raid in Belgravia has also admitted handling £100,000 worth of hair extensions stolen in Alperton.
Mark William Harding pleaded guilty to fencing the stolen goods which were taken from commercial premises in Hanger Lane last September.
The 45-year-old also admitted his part in heist in Eaton Place, one of the most exclusive streets in London, and was jailed for four years and four months.
Southwark Crown Court heard Harding, from Enfield, soiled himself when an armed police officer put a gun in his face and arrested him and his three accomplices.
Rashid Allen, 24, from Mitcham was sentenced to three years and four months, Gavin James, 36, from Morden, two years and 34-year-old Peter John Costello from Wallington, was jailed for two years and eight months.
They all admitted taking part in the attempted raid in September last year.
James, Costello and Harding will have the five months they served in custody deducted from their sentence.
- 1 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 6 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 7 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 8 MOBO Awards founder awarded honorary degree
- 9 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
All four were told they would probably serve half their sentences before being released on licence.