Burglar guilty of £1m Belgravia heist plot handled £100k worth of hair extensions stolen in Alperton
- Credit: Archant
A man jailed today for plotting a £1million jewellery raid in Belgravia has also admitted handling £100,000 worth of hair extensions stolen in Alperton.
Mark William Harding pleaded guilty to fencing the stolen goods which were taken from commercial premises in Hanger Lane last September.
The 45-year-old also admitted his part in heist in Eaton Place, one of the most exclusive streets in London, and was jailed for four years and four months.
Southwark Crown Court heard Harding, from Enfield, soiled himself when an armed police officer put a gun in his face and arrested him and his three accomplices.
Rashid Allen, 24, from Mitcham was sentenced to three years and four months, Gavin James, 36, from Morden, two years and 34-year-old Peter John Costello from Wallington, was jailed for two years and eight months.
You may also want to watch:
They all admitted taking part in the attempted raid in September last year.
James, Costello and Harding will have the five months they served in custody deducted from their sentence.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
All four were told they would probably serve half their sentences before being released on licence.