Burglar guilty of £1m Belgravia heist plot handled £100k worth of hair extensions stolen in Alperton
- Credit: Archant
A man jailed today for plotting a £1million jewellery raid in Belgravia has also admitted handling £100,000 worth of hair extensions stolen in Alperton.
Mark William Harding pleaded guilty to fencing the stolen goods which were taken from commercial premises in Hanger Lane last September.
The 45-year-old also admitted his part in heist in Eaton Place, one of the most exclusive streets in London, and was jailed for four years and four months.
Southwark Crown Court heard Harding, from Enfield, soiled himself when an armed police officer put a gun in his face and arrested him and his three accomplices.
Rashid Allen, 24, from Mitcham was sentenced to three years and four months, Gavin James, 36, from Morden, two years and 34-year-old Peter John Costello from Wallington, was jailed for two years and eight months.
They all admitted taking part in the attempted raid in September last year.
James, Costello and Harding will have the five months they served in custody deducted from their sentence.
- 1 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 4 Have your say on proposed changes to constituencies in Brent
- 5 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 8 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 9 Stonebridge community group to keep fighting after losing Bridge Park appeal
- 10 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
All four were told they would probably serve half their sentences before being released on licence.