Brother and sister jailed for roles in ‘snitching’ rape in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
A brother and sister have been jailed today for their involvement in the rape of a 15-year-old girl in Willesden in revenge for “snitching”.
Aliyah Weekes, 19, of St Mary’s Road, Harlesden, forced the girl into being raped by her 18-year-old brother Lacquan Weekes in an alleyway next to the College of North West London in Dudden Hill Lane, on April 29 last year.
Aliyah was jailed for four years and her 17-year-old friend, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was given an 18 month rehabilitation order.
Both were convicted of aiding an abetting a rape at their trial in September.
Lacquan, who was 17 when the attack took place, was convicted of rape and today jailed for five years.
You may also want to watch:
Both siblings have been placed on the sex offenders register.
During their Old Bailey trial jurors heard the victim was forced to give Lacquan oral sex because she had disclosed information Aliyah had told her in confidence.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 8 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
Lacquan was interrupted by members of the public and the victim managed to get away before she was further attacked.
Detectives from the Mets Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command launched an investigation after the victim’s mother reported the assault.
Det Con Daniel Pegg, investigating officers, said: “This was a disgraceful attack during which the victim was surrounded, accused of betraying confidence, assaulted and then threatened with further violence if she did not comply with the demands of the group.
“I would like to pay tribute to the victim for her bravery in giving evidence. I hope the sentences handed out will reflect the serious nature of this incident and dissuade others from committing such offences.”