Brent Police snare prolific NCP car park thief in Westminster
- Credit: Archant
Guram Sikharulidze jailed for a year after breaching Asbo to steal from a Range Rover
A prolific thief who breached an Asbo to steal from a vehicle in a NCP car park has been brought to justice and jailed thanks to Brent Police.
Guram Sikharulidze ignored an order banning him from stepping foot in Westminster or entering any NCP car park in London to carry out the theft – unaware he was being watched by officers.
Hendon Magistrates’ Court heard the 25-year-old was being tailed by Brent detectives when he was seen entering a NCP car park in Marble Arch before grabbing a fire extinguisher off the wall and using it to smash the rear window of Range Rover.
He made off with a suitcase and a Selfridges bag and was arrested nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Two days later admitted theft from motor vehicle, conspiracy to steal, possession of cannabis and breach of an Asbo.
He was jailed for a year.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
Detective Constable Dax Hollick said: “Sikharulidze historically committed offences in Westminster Borough, however, by venturing on to Brent he came to our attention, was targeted, arrested and convicted.
“Sikharulidze has been a plague to NCP and hotel car parks in the London area. The fact that he had an ASBO banning him from Westminster Borough and all NCP car parks in England and Wales indicates how prolific this criminal was.
“Hopefully people can now park their vehicles in NCP car parks without suffering the upset, damage and theft caused by this criminal.”