Brent Police arrest gang suspected of burgling the homes of Asian residents
Six men are being questioned over break-ins across London, Romford and the Thames Valley area
Police have arrested six men in a series of dawn raids targeting a suspected criminal gang behind a string of burglaries affecting the Asian community.
Officers from Brent Police carried out the arrests following a long-term undercover surveillance operation which identified an organised and resilient network of thieves.
The gang are suspected of targeting specific addresses where they could steal high-value Asian gold and other valuables
The team are believed to be behind break-ins in London, including Brent, as well burglaries in Romford in Essex and the Thames Valley Area.
All six are currently in custody being questioned on conspiracy to commit burglary.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 9 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting