Brent Police arrest gang suspected of burgling the homes of Asian residents
Six men are being questioned over break-ins across London, Romford and the Thames Valley area
Police have arrested six men in a series of dawn raids targeting a suspected criminal gang behind a string of burglaries affecting the Asian community.
Officers from Brent Police carried out the arrests following a long-term undercover surveillance operation which identified an organised and resilient network of thieves.
The gang are suspected of targeting specific addresses where they could steal high-value Asian gold and other valuables
The team are believed to be behind break-ins in London, including Brent, as well burglaries in Romford in Essex and the Thames Valley Area.
You may also want to watch:
All six are currently in custody being questioned on conspiracy to commit burglary.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley