Brent drug addict returns to jail for burglary
- Credit: Archant
A prolific burglar from Brent who stole to feed a drug habit has been jailed for three years.
Sonny Bruce, 36, of Honeypot Lane, Kingsbury,was sentenced at Harrow Crown Court on Wednesday, 19 November after pleading guilty to one count of burglary.
Bruce had been released on licence from prison four days before being seen entering a property in Edgeware, Middlesex on 20 May where victims later reported two watches and a phone had been stolen.
Investigating officers at Brent Crime Squad executed a search warrant at an address in Burnt Oak Broadway where the phone was found and returned to the victim.
Bruce, who had been recalled to prison, was later produced from HMP Wormwood Scrubs and arrested and charged with this offence.
You may also want to watch:
PC Gavin Davies of Brent Police said: “Sonny Bruce admitted when sentenced that he is a drug addicted burglar who committed this burglary to pay for his habit. He can no longer commit burglary in Wembley, Harrow or any other area now that he is in prison.”
He added, “The offence of burglary has a painful and long lasting effect upon its victim. Local residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put the fear into burglary offenders operating in the London area, arrest them and bring them before the courts.”
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 4 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 5 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 6 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 7 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime