Brent drug addict returns to jail for burglary
- Credit: Archant
A prolific burglar from Brent who stole to feed a drug habit has been jailed for three years.
Sonny Bruce, 36, of Honeypot Lane, Kingsbury,was sentenced at Harrow Crown Court on Wednesday, 19 November after pleading guilty to one count of burglary.
Bruce had been released on licence from prison four days before being seen entering a property in Edgeware, Middlesex on 20 May where victims later reported two watches and a phone had been stolen.
Investigating officers at Brent Crime Squad executed a search warrant at an address in Burnt Oak Broadway where the phone was found and returned to the victim.
Bruce, who had been recalled to prison, was later produced from HMP Wormwood Scrubs and arrested and charged with this offence.
You may also want to watch:
PC Gavin Davies of Brent Police said: “Sonny Bruce admitted when sentenced that he is a drug addicted burglar who committed this burglary to pay for his habit. He can no longer commit burglary in Wembley, Harrow or any other area now that he is in prison.”
He added, “The offence of burglary has a painful and long lasting effect upon its victim. Local residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put the fear into burglary offenders operating in the London area, arrest them and bring them before the courts.”
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property