Brent drug addict returns to jail for burglary
- Credit: Archant
A prolific burglar from Brent who stole to feed a drug habit has been jailed for three years.
Sonny Bruce, 36, of Honeypot Lane, Kingsbury,was sentenced at Harrow Crown Court on Wednesday, 19 November after pleading guilty to one count of burglary.
Bruce had been released on licence from prison four days before being seen entering a property in Edgeware, Middlesex on 20 May where victims later reported two watches and a phone had been stolen.
Investigating officers at Brent Crime Squad executed a search warrant at an address in Burnt Oak Broadway where the phone was found and returned to the victim.
Bruce, who had been recalled to prison, was later produced from HMP Wormwood Scrubs and arrested and charged with this offence.
You may also want to watch:
PC Gavin Davies of Brent Police said: “Sonny Bruce admitted when sentenced that he is a drug addicted burglar who committed this burglary to pay for his habit. He can no longer commit burglary in Wembley, Harrow or any other area now that he is in prison.”
He added, “The offence of burglary has a painful and long lasting effect upon its victim. Local residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put the fear into burglary offenders operating in the London area, arrest them and bring them before the courts.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 10 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley