Brent detective wins the outstanding reduction in crime prize at the Excellence in Policing Awards
- Credit: Archant
A Brent detective has been recognised for his outstanding contribution for reduction in Crime in the borough at a special ceremony in central London yesterday.
Detective Sergeant Stuart McKechnie received the outstanding reduction in crime prize at the Excellence in Policing Awards for efficiency, effectiveness and consistently outstanding performance
The Brent officer has coordinated more than 2,000 warrants with an average success of 75 per cent and has contributed significantly to the performance of Brent.
A total of 20 where handed out yesterday in the awards ceremony which recognises the professionalism and bravery of Metropolitan Police officers, staff, volunteers and cadets.
The awards covered all 32 London boroughs and included recognition for best thief taker, detective of the year, volunteer of the year, outstanding reduction in crime, innovative use of technology and excellence in victim care.
You may also want to watch:
Another notable award was presented to Sergeant Steve Brown, who works in Islington Borough, for chasing, confronting and arresting a violent Samurai sword-wielding man who had attacked and stabbed an innocent member of the public moments earlier.
He received the Outstanding Bravery of the Year Award.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 6 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium