‘Breaking Bad’ crystal meth lab raided in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
A ‘Breaking Bad’ style crystal meth lab has been smashed by police following a raid in Harlesden this evening.
One man was arrested after he leapt into a people carrier and nearly crashed into an unmarked police car as he attempted to flee the scene as officers battered down the door.
Brent Police stormed the den in Alric Avenue, where they found drugs paraphernalia including lighters, tubes and foil in a scene akin to the hit American TV show.
The drama series focuses on a terminally-ill chemistry teacher who makes Chrystal Meth to pay for vital medication.
The arrested man was taken to a police station where he was found to be in possession of two small bags containing tiny shards of crystal meth stashed in his socks.
You may also want to watch:
A number of people also arrested at the address were later released without charge.
Detective Sergeant Stuart McKechnie, who co-ordinated the raid said: “This kind drug is uncommon in Brent but we want to crack down on it as soon as possible.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
“The effects of this drug are well documented and we are fully committed to eradicate them from our community.”