Brave worker tackles robber at Kilburn pub
Cleaner tackles robber during theft attempt at the Brondes Age pub
A brave cleaner tackled a thief during an attempted robbery at a Kilburn pub.
The robber tried to force his way into the Brondes Age in Kilburn High Road, yesterday morning (Tuesday) but was thwarted when the worker slammed the door.
The suspect caught his hands in the door resulting in an injury.
Brian Manion, owner of the pub, said: “The guy tried to get into the pub and the cleaner slammed the door on his fingers. He didn’t manage to break in.”
Police called to the scene carried out a forensic examination resulting in the pub being closed for five hours.
Mr Manion added: “When you are trying to run a business this was far too long”
- 1 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 2 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 3 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 6 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 9 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
Camden Police have confirmed an ‘incident’ took place at the venue.