Brave worker tackles robber at Kilburn pub
Cleaner tackles robber during theft attempt at the Brondes Age pub
A brave cleaner tackled a thief during an attempted robbery at a Kilburn pub.
The robber tried to force his way into the Brondes Age in Kilburn High Road, yesterday morning (Tuesday) but was thwarted when the worker slammed the door.
The suspect caught his hands in the door resulting in an injury.
Brian Manion, owner of the pub, said: “The guy tried to get into the pub and the cleaner slammed the door on his fingers. He didn’t manage to break in.”
You may also want to watch:
Police called to the scene carried out a forensic examination resulting in the pub being closed for five hours.
Mr Manion added: “When you are trying to run a business this was far too long”
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 5 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 6 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 7 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 10 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
Camden Police have confirmed an ‘incident’ took place at the venue.