Brave worker tackles robber at Kilburn pub
Cleaner tackles robber during theft attempt at the Brondes Age pub
A brave cleaner tackled a thief during an attempted robbery at a Kilburn pub.
The robber tried to force his way into the Brondes Age in Kilburn High Road, yesterday morning (Tuesday) but was thwarted when the worker slammed the door.
The suspect caught his hands in the door resulting in an injury.
Brian Manion, owner of the pub, said: “The guy tried to get into the pub and the cleaner slammed the door on his fingers. He didn’t manage to break in.”
You may also want to watch:
Police called to the scene carried out a forensic examination resulting in the pub being closed for five hours.
Mr Manion added: “When you are trying to run a business this was far too long”
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
Camden Police have confirmed an ‘incident’ took place at the venue.