Yasir Beshira killing: Boy, 16, found guilty of Kilburn murder

An Old Bailey jury has found a 16 year old boy guilty of the murder of Yasir Beshira, known to frien

An Old Bailey jury has found a 16 year old boy guilty of the murder of Yasir Beshira, known to friends as Loopy. - Credit: Archant

A 16-year-old boy has been found guilty of murdering a 21 year-old man in a rush hour shooting.

Flowers and tributes left at the scene of the killing.

Flowers and tributes left at the scene of the killing. - Credit: Archant

A jury at the Old Bailey today found the teenager – who cannot be named for legal reasons – guilty of killing Yasir Beshira – known to his friends as Loopy – on December 8 last year.

Sammi Tesfazgi, 21, of no fixed abode, was also found guilty of Yasir’s murder whilst Riland Tahiri, 22, of no fixed abode, was found guilty of manslaughter.

Ashley McFarland, 35, of Hertford, and Kim McFarland, 59, of Belsize Park, were found guilty of assisting an offender.

At the time of the shooting the boy, who was 15 at the time of the murder, lay in wait for his victim behind restaurant bins, stepping forward when Yasir appeared before gunning him down in broad daylight.

Rilind Tahiri (L) and Sammi Tesfazgi (Met Police)

Rilind Tahiri (L) and Sammi Tesfazgi (Met Police) - Credit: Archant

Yasir’s killer then fled on foot in the direction of Palmerston Road towards the Webheath estate whilst his victim staggered towards Netherwood Street where he collapsed.

Members of the public rushed to Yasir’s aid but paramedics later pronounced him dead at the scene. A post mortem two days afterwards gave the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the stomach.

Most Read

During the trial the jury heard how Tesfazgi and Tahiri drove the teenager to and from the scene in a stolen Range Rover which Tahiri later set on fire in a bid to destroy evidence.

It was also revealed the murder weapon was linked to a non-fatal shooting in Camden on September 29 last year whilst a knife recovered from the scene was linked to Tesfazgi.

DCI Andy Partridge said of the result: “This shocking attack was carried out during rush hour in a very busy residential location. I want to thank those members of the public who came forward to try and save Yasir after he was shot and those who greatly assisted the police investigation.

“I understand that nothing will bring Yasir back to his family, but hope the verdicts given today will bring a measure of comfort to his family and friends.

“This was a complex and protracted investigation and these convictions serve to remind those planning such violent attacks on our streets that they will be pursued and brought to justice for their actions,” he added.

The five will be sentenced on Monday, November 27.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter