Yasir Beshira killing: Boy, 16, found guilty of Kilburn murder
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy has been found guilty of murdering a 21 year-old man in a rush hour shooting.
A jury at the Old Bailey today found the teenager – who cannot be named for legal reasons – guilty of killing Yasir Beshira – known to his friends as Loopy – on December 8 last year.
Sammi Tesfazgi, 21, of no fixed abode, was also found guilty of Yasir’s murder whilst Riland Tahiri, 22, of no fixed abode, was found guilty of manslaughter.
Ashley McFarland, 35, of Hertford, and Kim McFarland, 59, of Belsize Park, were found guilty of assisting an offender.
At the time of the shooting the boy, who was 15 at the time of the murder, lay in wait for his victim behind restaurant bins, stepping forward when Yasir appeared before gunning him down in broad daylight.
Yasir’s killer then fled on foot in the direction of Palmerston Road towards the Webheath estate whilst his victim staggered towards Netherwood Street where he collapsed.
Members of the public rushed to Yasir’s aid but paramedics later pronounced him dead at the scene. A post mortem two days afterwards gave the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the stomach.
- 1 Beale savours first win as QPR boss after Willock wonder goal
- 2 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 3 Party patrols return as barber’s rave shut down
- 4 QPR hold off Middlesbrough to give boss Beale first win
- 5 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 6 Three face provisional trial with links to alleged organ-harvesting plot
- 7 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 8 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following woman's 'unexpected' death
- 10 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
During the trial the jury heard how Tesfazgi and Tahiri drove the teenager to and from the scene in a stolen Range Rover which Tahiri later set on fire in a bid to destroy evidence.
It was also revealed the murder weapon was linked to a non-fatal shooting in Camden on September 29 last year whilst a knife recovered from the scene was linked to Tesfazgi.
DCI Andy Partridge said of the result: “This shocking attack was carried out during rush hour in a very busy residential location. I want to thank those members of the public who came forward to try and save Yasir after he was shot and those who greatly assisted the police investigation.
“I understand that nothing will bring Yasir back to his family, but hope the verdicts given today will bring a measure of comfort to his family and friends.
“This was a complex and protracted investigation and these convictions serve to remind those planning such violent attacks on our streets that they will be pursued and brought to justice for their actions,” he added.
The five will be sentenced on Monday, November 27.