Boy, 16, arrested in connection with stabbing Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of a teenager in Northwick Park.
Jamalie Deacon Matthew was stabbed close to the underpass leading to Northwick Park Underground Station on November 12.
Emergency services were called at 3.50pm and found the 17-year-old with stab injuries.
Despite their best efforts, Jamalie was pronounced dead at 4.31pm
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder on November 16. He remains in custody at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Jamalie’s distraught family said: “The whole family is deeply saddened and utterly devastated about the passing of Jamalie.
“We all knew of his ambition to study Law, and coming to terms with the tragedy that has unfolded still feels so surreal.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 4 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 5 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 6 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 7 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 10 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
The Met’s murder squad is investigating.
Anyone who has information, video or images call the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or 101 quoting reference Cad 4735/12Nov.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.