Boy, 16, arrested in connection with stabbing Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of a teenager in Northwick Park.
Jamalie Deacon Matthew was stabbed close to the underpass leading to Northwick Park Underground Station on November 12.
Emergency services were called at 3.50pm and found the 17-year-old with stab injuries.
Despite their best efforts, Jamalie was pronounced dead at 4.31pm
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder on November 16. He remains in custody at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Jamalie’s distraught family said: “The whole family is deeply saddened and utterly devastated about the passing of Jamalie.
“We all knew of his ambition to study Law, and coming to terms with the tragedy that has unfolded still feels so surreal.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 6 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 7 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 8 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 9 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 10 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
The Met’s murder squad is investigating.
Anyone who has information, video or images call the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or 101 quoting reference Cad 4735/12Nov.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.