Boy, 16, arrested after teenager stabbed to death in Marylebone
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A murder investigation has been launched after a teenager was stabbed to death in Marylebone last night.
Paramedics found the 18-year-old man suffering from knife wounds in Salisbury Street at around 10.40pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he died at 11.25pm.
An incident room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command.
He said: “I would urge anyone who was in the Salisbury Street area and witnessed what happened to come forward and speak with police.
You may also want to watch:
“I know that there were several youths in the area at the time of the stabbing and I am appealing directly to them to come forward and speak with officers.
“I would also like to speak with anyone who saw this group running south towards Edgware Road.”
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 6 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 7 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
A 16-year-old boy attended a police station at 3am this morning where he was arrested on suspicion of murder.
He remains in custody.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8009 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.