Boy, 16, arrested after teenager stabbed to death in Marylebone
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A murder investigation has been launched after a teenager was stabbed to death in Marylebone last night.
Paramedics found the 18-year-old man suffering from knife wounds in Salisbury Street at around 10.40pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he died at 11.25pm.
An incident room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command.
He said: “I would urge anyone who was in the Salisbury Street area and witnessed what happened to come forward and speak with police.
You may also want to watch:
“I know that there were several youths in the area at the time of the stabbing and I am appealing directly to them to come forward and speak with officers.
“I would also like to speak with anyone who saw this group running south towards Edgware Road.”
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 3 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 4 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 7 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
A 16-year-old boy attended a police station at 3am this morning where he was arrested on suspicion of murder.
He remains in custody.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8009 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.