Bogus police officers handcuff and rob woman in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on to find two bogus police officers who robbed a woman at knifepoint after tricking their way into her home in Colindale.
The victim was handcuffed, gagged with tape and threatened with the weapon by the two men who wore fake police uniform and produced a forged search warrant to gain access to the flat in Eagle Drive.
The pair demanded she showed them where a safe which she did not have before fleeing with a substantial amount of cash.
They are believed to have driven away from the scene.
The burglary took place on August 11 at 1am, but the details have only been released today by detectives who have an e-fit of a man they would like to speak to.
You may also want to watch:
DC Andy Deamer, investigating officer, said: “This was a horrendous attack on a female in her own home, which has left her extremely traumatised.
“I am appealing to anyone with information to come forward and assist in anyway they can.”
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 6 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 9 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Both men are white with one featured in the e-fit is around 25-years-old, 5ft 11ins tall and of thin build.
He has blonde gelled hair and blue eyes and was clean shaven.
The second man is around 28, 5ft 11ins tall and stocky.
He has short dark brown hair which was greying and was clean shaven, with freckles.
Both men were wearing a black vest with ‘Police’ on it, a light blue short sleeved shirt with a collar, black trousers and a black belt.
Anyone with information is asked to call Barnet Police on 101 quoting reference 2417900/14 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Earlier this month two burglars posed as police officers to steal £800 from a couple at their home in Chaterhouse Avenue, Wembley.
The two crimes are not currently being linked.
Related link: Burglars pose as police to steal £800 in Wembley