Bogus police officers handcuff and rob woman in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on to find two bogus police officers who robbed a woman at knifepoint after tricking their way into her home in Colindale.
The victim was handcuffed, gagged with tape and threatened with the weapon by the two men who wore fake police uniform and produced a forged search warrant to gain access to the flat in Eagle Drive.
The pair demanded she showed them where a safe which she did not have before fleeing with a substantial amount of cash.
They are believed to have driven away from the scene.
The burglary took place on August 11 at 1am, but the details have only been released today by detectives who have an e-fit of a man they would like to speak to.
You may also want to watch:
DC Andy Deamer, investigating officer, said: “This was a horrendous attack on a female in her own home, which has left her extremely traumatised.
“I am appealing to anyone with information to come forward and assist in anyway they can.”
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
Both men are white with one featured in the e-fit is around 25-years-old, 5ft 11ins tall and of thin build.
He has blonde gelled hair and blue eyes and was clean shaven.
The second man is around 28, 5ft 11ins tall and stocky.
He has short dark brown hair which was greying and was clean shaven, with freckles.
Both men were wearing a black vest with ‘Police’ on it, a light blue short sleeved shirt with a collar, black trousers and a black belt.
Anyone with information is asked to call Barnet Police on 101 quoting reference 2417900/14 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Earlier this month two burglars posed as police officers to steal £800 from a couple at their home in Chaterhouse Avenue, Wembley.
The two crimes are not currently being linked.
Related link: Burglars pose as police to steal £800 in Wembley