Wembley mother to appear in court charged with murdering her five-month-old son
- Credit: Archant
A woman is to appear in court charged with murdering her five-month old baby son in Wembley.
Mariam Benzain, 31, is charged with the murder of her son Elias Biad in Preston Road.
Emergency services were called at 9.50am on July 22 to reports of an injured infant.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and a baby boy, aged five months, was pronounced dead at the scene, Scotland Yard said.
Benzain was arrested at the scene and was subsequently charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem was carried out at St Thomas’ Hospital on July 27 and gave the preliminary cause of death as “an incised wound”.
Benzain appeared at Willesden Magistrates’ Court on July 24 and at the Old Bailey on July 28.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 7 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 10 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
She has been remanded in custody to appear at the same court on a date to be arranged, police said.