Wembley mother to appear in court charged with murdering her five-month-old son
- Credit: Archant
A woman is to appear in court charged with murdering her five-month old baby son in Wembley.
Mariam Benzain, 31, is charged with the murder of her son Elias Biad in Preston Road.
Emergency services were called at 9.50am on July 22 to reports of an injured infant.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and a baby boy, aged five months, was pronounced dead at the scene, Scotland Yard said.
Benzain was arrested at the scene and was subsequently charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem was carried out at St Thomas’ Hospital on July 27 and gave the preliminary cause of death as “an incised wound”.
Benzain appeared at Willesden Magistrates’ Court on July 24 and at the Old Bailey on July 28.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
She has been remanded in custody to appear at the same court on a date to be arranged, police said.