Wembley mother to appear in court charged with murdering her five-month-old son
- Credit: Archant
A woman is to appear in court charged with murdering her five-month old baby son in Wembley.
Mariam Benzain, 31, is charged with the murder of her son Elias Biad in Preston Road.
Emergency services were called at 9.50am on July 22 to reports of an injured infant.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and a baby boy, aged five months, was pronounced dead at the scene, Scotland Yard said.
Benzain was arrested at the scene and was subsequently charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem was carried out at St Thomas’ Hospital on July 27 and gave the preliminary cause of death as “an incised wound”.
Benzain appeared at Willesden Magistrates’ Court on July 24 and at the Old Bailey on July 28.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
She has been remanded in custody to appear at the same court on a date to be arranged, police said.