Attempted rape in Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses following the attempted rape of a woman in Brent.
The victim, who is 38, was walking along Okehampton Road, Queens Park, NW10 at around 5.30pm on Monday afternoon.
She saw a man walking towards her and as he passed, he suddenly grabbed her around the neck and dragged her into a front garden.
The attacker then tried to rape the woman but she managed to escape his grasp and run off to safety, before reporting the incident to police.
The suspect is described as white, about 5ft 9ins tall, with short blond hair cut in a ‘curtains’ style.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as having an eastern European accent and was wearing a black fleece, blue jeans and white trainers.
Acting Detective Inspector Peter Walker, of the Met Police’s Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command, said: “This was a terrifying attack for the victim, who luckily managed to escape before she was raped.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 7 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
“This happened in a busy area and I would ask witnesses or anyone with information to please come forward.”
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call 020 8733 3393 or, to remain anonymous, call the confidential Crimestoppers number on 0800 555 111.