Arrests made in Kilburn in connection with Paddington armed robbery
Two men have been arrested in Kilburn in connection with an armed robbery at a flat in Paddington.
The suspects, who are both in their 20s, are being questioned after two men and a woman were ambushed by a four-strong mob who forced their way into an address in Westbourne Gardens.
Two of the robbers were armed with handguns and a third with a large butcher’s style knife.
A further three men stood outside the property while the robbery took place.
The gang fled with a quantity of property including two mobile phones, around 4,000 in UAE Dirhams (£650), £2,400 in cash, two passports, handbags, a bank card and identity documents
You may also want to watch:
All the victims are United Arab Emirates (UAE) nationals.
Two of the victims, a 51-year-old man and 47-year-old woman, were renting the flat while they stayed in London, the second man, who is 59, was visiting the couple.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 6 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 9 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 10 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
Detectives believe they were not targeted because of their nationality.
All three arrestees are being questioned at a police station in central London.
Anyone with information is asked to called Westminster CID on 0778 818 6208, Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or the police non-emergency line on 101