Arrests made in Kilburn in connection with Paddington armed robbery
Two men have been arrested in Kilburn in connection with an armed robbery at a flat in Paddington.
The suspects, who are both in their 20s, are being questioned after two men and a woman were ambushed by a four-strong mob who forced their way into an address in Westbourne Gardens.
Two of the robbers were armed with handguns and a third with a large butcher’s style knife.
A further three men stood outside the property while the robbery took place.
The gang fled with a quantity of property including two mobile phones, around 4,000 in UAE Dirhams (£650), £2,400 in cash, two passports, handbags, a bank card and identity documents
You may also want to watch:
All the victims are United Arab Emirates (UAE) nationals.
Two of the victims, a 51-year-old man and 47-year-old woman, were renting the flat while they stayed in London, the second man, who is 59, was visiting the couple.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 I tabled my own alternative Coronavirus (No 2) Bill
Detectives believe they were not targeted because of their nationality.
All three arrestees are being questioned at a police station in central London.
Anyone with information is asked to called Westminster CID on 0778 818 6208, Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or the police non-emergency line on 101