Arrests made in Kilburn in connection with Paddington armed robbery
Two men have been arrested in Kilburn in connection with an armed robbery at a flat in Paddington.
The suspects, who are both in their 20s, are being questioned after two men and a woman were ambushed by a four-strong mob who forced their way into an address in Westbourne Gardens.
Two of the robbers were armed with handguns and a third with a large butcher’s style knife.
A further three men stood outside the property while the robbery took place.
The gang fled with a quantity of property including two mobile phones, around 4,000 in UAE Dirhams (£650), £2,400 in cash, two passports, handbags, a bank card and identity documents
All the victims are United Arab Emirates (UAE) nationals.
Two of the victims, a 51-year-old man and 47-year-old woman, were renting the flat while they stayed in London, the second man, who is 59, was visiting the couple.
- 1 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 4 Brondesbury Park Synagogue gets licence for alcohol and music until midnight
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 7 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 8 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 9 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 10 'Shameful' former police officers jailed for sharing photos of murdered sisters
Detectives believe they were not targeted because of their nationality.
All three arrestees are being questioned at a police station in central London.
Anyone with information is asked to called Westminster CID on 0778 818 6208, Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or the police non-emergency line on 101