Armed motorcyclists storm Tesco store in Kilburn threatening staff
- Credit: Archant
Armed motorbike riders allegedly threatened staff with a gun as they robbed a Tesco store in Kilburn.
Staff at the Tesco Express store at the corner of Willesden Lane and Torbay Road confirmed they were robbed at around midday today by two men.
Gerry Agar was walking from her home in Torbay Road when she saw police clustered around the store's entrance.
"I looked through the window and the shop assistant was just sobbing," she said.
"I asked people what happened and was told a motorbike climbed the pavement and crammed the door open. There were two chaps, one got off with a gun and held it to a poor girl's head and robbed Tesco.
You may also want to watch:
"She only just started at the shop, she was absolutely in a mess." A Tesco spokesperson said: "We can't say if a gun was held to our colleague's head or not.
"An armed robbery took place. We are assisting police with their enquiries and making sure our colleague gets the support they need."
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 7 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids