Armed robbers hold up HSBC bank in Alperton
Pair storm branch brandishing a sawn-off shotgun
The hunt is on to find two armed robbers who held up a bank in Alperton this morning (Friday).
The pair stormed into HSBC in Ealing Road at around 10.40am, with one man demanding money while the other brandished a sawn-off shotgun.
Both fled empty-handed after a cashier ducked under the counter arousing their suspicion that an alarm had been set off.
Detectives believe one of the robbers fled on a pedal bike.
You may also want to watch:
Both men are white, around 5ft 10-11ins tall and of an athletic built.
One was wearing dark parka jacket with a fur trim around the hood.
- 1 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 5 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 6 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 7 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 8 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 9 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 10 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard
They both had the bottom half of their faces concealed.
Anyone with information is urged to call the incident room at The Finchley Flying Squad on 020 8358 1751 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.