Armed robbers hold up HSBC bank in Alperton
Pair storm branch brandishing a sawn-off shotgun
The hunt is on to find two armed robbers who held up a bank in Alperton this morning (Friday).
The pair stormed into HSBC in Ealing Road at around 10.40am, with one man demanding money while the other brandished a sawn-off shotgun.
Both fled empty-handed after a cashier ducked under the counter arousing their suspicion that an alarm had been set off.
Detectives believe one of the robbers fled on a pedal bike.
You may also want to watch:
Both men are white, around 5ft 10-11ins tall and of an athletic built.
One was wearing dark parka jacket with a fur trim around the hood.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 5 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 6 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 7 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 8 Battle is on for Brondesbury Park as May 6 by-election nears
- 9 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 10 Campaigners protest over GP takeovers in Willesden and Wembley
They both had the bottom half of their faces concealed.
Anyone with information is urged to call the incident room at The Finchley Flying Squad on 020 8358 1751 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.