Armed robber targets two betting shops in Wembley yesterday
The hunt is on to find an armed robber who targeted two betting shops in Wembley less than a mile apart yesterday.
Detectives believe the same man is responsible for the robberies in Blackbird Hill at 3.30pmm and a second in Grand Parade, Forty Lane, at 5.28pm.
In both cases a man brandishing a knife threatened staff and demanded money.
He fled from the first shop empty-handed but escaped with a quantity of cash at the second.
The suspect is white, around 40-45 years of age, between 5ft 5ins and 5ft 8ins tall and has a stocky build.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a dark, hooded, combat style jacket, light, grey jogging bottoms and white trainers.
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Stephen O’Connell on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 9 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12