Armed robber targets two betting shops in Wembley yesterday
The hunt is on to find an armed robber who targeted two betting shops in Wembley less than a mile apart yesterday.
Detectives believe the same man is responsible for the robberies in Blackbird Hill at 3.30pmm and a second in Grand Parade, Forty Lane, at 5.28pm.
In both cases a man brandishing a knife threatened staff and demanded money.
He fled from the first shop empty-handed but escaped with a quantity of cash at the second.
The suspect is white, around 40-45 years of age, between 5ft 5ins and 5ft 8ins tall and has a stocky build.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a dark, hooded, combat style jacket, light, grey jogging bottoms and white trainers.
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Stephen O’Connell on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park