Armed police raids hit Colindale in search of Haringey drug gang
Houses across the capital targeted as net closes in on suspected dealers
Armed police raided the homes of suspected drug dealers in Colindale this morning as part of operation across six London boroughs.
The officers were joined by colleagues from the Trident Gang Crime Command and territorial Support Group as doors were also smashed down in Haringey, Enfield, Islington, Camden and Southwark.
The operation, codenamed Seminole, was looking into a criminal gang suspected of supplying class A drugs to streets gangs in Haringey and other parts of London.
In total, six men and one woman were arrested while a handgun, cannabis, cocaine and cash were also covered during the raids.
You may also want to watch:
Acting Det Supt Lee Presland, of Haringey Police, said: “This morning’s operation sends out a clear message to those who are involved in drug supply both in Haringey and across London that we will use all means necessary to track down those responsible to arrest them and place them before the courts.
“Operation Seminole is a Haringey Borough led initiative which aims to disrupt and dismantle organised criminal gang activity.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 4 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 5 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 6 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 7 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 8 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 9 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 10 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
“It demonstrates that the MPS will actively work across borough boundaries in order to arrest criminals who blight our communities through their drug-related criminal behaviour.”