Appeal to find couple who saved woman from sex attacker in Wembley
Brent Police are appealing for an Asian couple who saved a woman from a potential sex attack in Wembley to come forward.
The pair came to the rescue of the 39-year-old victim who was being followed by a man after he demanded she follow him before grabbing and assaulting her in Sudbury Avenue at the junction with Waylett Place.
She spotted the couple and asked if she could walk them which scared the man off on August 18 at around 10pm.
DC Lianne Walsh from Brent CID said: “This was a frighten ordeal for the victim. I am appealing for the couple that helped her to come forward as they will be able to help with our enquiries.
“If you are that couple or know who they are or if you witnessed this incident please get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are the couple or you know who they could be call Brent Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 4 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 7 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime