Appeal to find ‘bogus landlord’ in £30k rented flat scam
- Credit: Archant
Do you recognise this man?
He is wanted by police in connection with a rented flat scam, involving a property in Kilburn, where prospective tenants have been conned out of a total £30,000.
The man is suspected of posing as a bogus landlord who advertises flats for rent in Kilburn, Lambeth, Islington, Barnet, and Ealing on the Gumtree website.
The victims were duped into handing over a deposit for the flat before realising they had been scammed once they arrived with their belongs to move in.
The suspect is a smartly-dressed black man in his 30s who sometimes wears glasses and uses a number of alias including Adam Holt, Craig Myers, and Ashley Elliot.
He occasionally works with a taller black man with a moustache and a black woman.
Detective Constable Ross James, from Lambeth CID, said: “We are keen to identify this fraudster as soon as possible.” Anyone with information about these crimes, or who recognises the man shown in the image, should call police or Crimestoppers.”
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
DC James is warning people to carry out basic checks on landlords before handing over a deposit.
Anyone with information should call 101 and quote reference 1217609/15 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.