Appeal to find ‘bogus landlord’ in £30k rented flat scam
- Credit: Archant
Do you recognise this man?
He is wanted by police in connection with a rented flat scam, involving a property in Kilburn, where prospective tenants have been conned out of a total £30,000.
The man is suspected of posing as a bogus landlord who advertises flats for rent in Kilburn, Lambeth, Islington, Barnet, and Ealing on the Gumtree website.
The victims were duped into handing over a deposit for the flat before realising they had been scammed once they arrived with their belongs to move in.
The suspect is a smartly-dressed black man in his 30s who sometimes wears glasses and uses a number of alias including Adam Holt, Craig Myers, and Ashley Elliot.
You may also want to watch:
He occasionally works with a taller black man with a moustache and a black woman.
Detective Constable Ross James, from Lambeth CID, said: “We are keen to identify this fraudster as soon as possible.” Anyone with information about these crimes, or who recognises the man shown in the image, should call police or Crimestoppers.”
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 9 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
DC James is warning people to carry out basic checks on landlords before handing over a deposit.
Anyone with information should call 101 and quote reference 1217609/15 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.