Appeal to find ‘bogus landlord’ in £30k rented flat scam
- Credit: Archant
Do you recognise this man?
He is wanted by police in connection with a rented flat scam, involving a property in Kilburn, where prospective tenants have been conned out of a total £30,000.
The man is suspected of posing as a bogus landlord who advertises flats for rent in Kilburn, Lambeth, Islington, Barnet, and Ealing on the Gumtree website.
The victims were duped into handing over a deposit for the flat before realising they had been scammed once they arrived with their belongs to move in.
The suspect is a smartly-dressed black man in his 30s who sometimes wears glasses and uses a number of alias including Adam Holt, Craig Myers, and Ashley Elliot.
You may also want to watch:
He occasionally works with a taller black man with a moustache and a black woman.
Detective Constable Ross James, from Lambeth CID, said: “We are keen to identify this fraudster as soon as possible.” Anyone with information about these crimes, or who recognises the man shown in the image, should call police or Crimestoppers.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 7 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
DC James is warning people to carry out basic checks on landlords before handing over a deposit.
Anyone with information should call 101 and quote reference 1217609/15 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.