Appeal to catch fare evader who attacked bus driver in Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
Detectives would like to speak to this man after a bus driver sustained head injuries when he was attacked by a fare evader in Cricklewood.
The driver was assaulted by a man who got on a 266 bus at Cricklewood Broadway through the rear doors without paying or touching in with an Oyster card.
After the suspect went upstairs the driver followed him and when he asked to see the man’s ticket he hurled a tirade of abuse at him and chased him downstairs.
Before leaving the bus he kicked the driver’s cab door which hit him in his head.
The driver was taken to hospital where he received stitches.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is a black man, wearing a light coloured baseball cap, wearing a black jacket.
The attack took place on November 12 last year but the image of the suspect has been released today.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Anyone with information is urged to contact DC Andy Barnard on 020 3054 5406 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.