Appeal to catch fare evader who attacked bus driver in Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
Detectives would like to speak to this man after a bus driver sustained head injuries when he was attacked by a fare evader in Cricklewood.
The driver was assaulted by a man who got on a 266 bus at Cricklewood Broadway through the rear doors without paying or touching in with an Oyster card.
After the suspect went upstairs the driver followed him and when he asked to see the man’s ticket he hurled a tirade of abuse at him and chased him downstairs.
Before leaving the bus he kicked the driver’s cab door which hit him in his head.
The driver was taken to hospital where he received stitches.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is a black man, wearing a light coloured baseball cap, wearing a black jacket.
The attack took place on November 12 last year but the image of the suspect has been released today.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 6 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 7 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 8 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 9 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
- 10 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
Anyone with information is urged to contact DC Andy Barnard on 020 3054 5406 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.