Crispin Siddon, ‘Skeng’, murder trial: Anthony Allen facing retrial after jury fail to agree verdict
- Credit: Archant
An alleged killer accused of stabbing a record label boss to death with a Swiss Army knife during a barbershop brawl faces a retrial.
Anthony Allen, 34, allegedly knifed Crispin Siddon in front of customers and staff at Cutz Barbers in Craven Park Road in Harlesden on the afternoon of 5 May this year.
Jurors heard Siddon tried to defend himself with an afro comb during the fight then staggered towards West Middlesex University Hospital before collapsing in Craven Park Road.
Just over an hour after he was fatally wounded, at 3.25pm, Allen was seen by a doctor at the West Middlesex University Hospital.
Mr Siddon, a rapper known as ‘Skeng’ who co-owned GB Records with hip hop star Corleone, suffered a fatal stab wound which penetrated the left lung and heart. He later died in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Allen was charged with the victim’s murder and possession of a knife and stood trial at the Old Bailey.
Today (Thursday) the jury was discharged after failing to reach verdicts.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 8 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 9 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
The Recorder of London, Judge Nicholas Hilliard, QC, said: “It obviously sometimes happens that a jury cannot reach agreement. The case will be retried by a different jury.”
The date of the retrial will be fixed at a later hearing.
Allen, of Tillet Close, Neasden, denies murder and possession of a knife.