Anniversary appeal to find killer of pensioner, 81, in Kenton
- Credit: Archant
A renewed appeal has been made for information leading to the killer of an 81-year-old woman on the sixth anniversary of her death.
Molly Morgan was dragged to the floor and left to die during a vicious mugging in Streatfield Road, Kenton, on January 15, 2009.
The widow, who had lived in Kenton for more than 50 years, and was on her way to a lecture at Kenton Library when the attack happened at around 7.40pm.
Passersby ignored the retired architect as she withered on the ground believing she was drunk.
She was eventually rushed to hospital with serious head injuries and a broken arm but died the next day.
A week after her death detectives took the unprecedented step of leafleting more than 45,000 homes and businesses in the area in an effort to find witnesses.
They also meticulously trawled through CCTV cameras in the area but six years on and her killer has evaded justice.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 3 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 10 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
Her only daughter Hilary, an artist spoke previously to the Times about the tragic loss of her mothers.
She said: “My mum Molly Morgan was a wonderful woman, so fit and active and full of life.
“I’ve lost my mum in a terrible way.
“I feel as if part of me has been torn out and I’m full of pain and sadness and frustration because I can’t understand how anybody could do this to my mum.
“The most important thing to me is to find the person who killed my mum.”
Mrs Morgan’s killer fled with her brown leather-effect bag carrying a gold Primark umbrella, an extension lead and an empty Sainsbury’s plastic bag.
Neither the bag nor its contents have ever been found.
Det Chief Insp Jessica Wandsworth is leading the hunt for the killer.
She said: “Until I catch who did this, I can’t rest.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 0208 358 0300 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.