Anniversary appeal to catch killer of Neasden shooting victim Rowan Thomas-Williams
- Credit: Archant
The killer of a 20-year-old father who was shot dead at a party in Neasden has yet to be caught two years on from his murder.
Yesterday was the second anniversary of the shooting that claimed the life of Rowan Thomas-Williams and despite officers putting up a £20,000 reward his murderer is still walking the streets.
Mr Thomas-Williams was shot in the chest at the party in Mulberry Court, Elgar Avenue, in the early hours of December 6.
Police were called to reports of gunshots at around 2am but found no one there.
However the victim’s friends had already taken him to a hospital in north west London where medics called the police.
You may also want to watch:
He died several hours later at 9.40am.
Last year his mother Ruth Thomas spoke out for the first time to make an emotional appeal for information leading to her son’s killer.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 5 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 10 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
She said: “Rowan had his whole life ahead of him. He was at the age where he wanted to build a future for himself and his children.
“I am still in shock and always will be. I believe that there are members of the local community who have information about what happened that night.
“I would plead for these people to come forward and tell the police. As a family we need closure, although this will never bring Rowan back I need to know why I will never see my son again.”
During the investigation into his murder three men and a woman were arrested and later bailed.
They have seen been released with no further action.
DCI Graeme Gwyn, from the Met’s homicide and major crime command, is leading the murder hunt.
He previously told the Times: said: “I am convinced that there are people in the local community who have important information or know who is responsible and I would urge those with information to come forward and assist us with our investigation.
“This was a callous and brutal murder and Rowan’s mother and wider family have been left completely devastated. If you have any information please do not remain silent, anything we do receive will be treated sensitively and in the upmost confidence.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 0208 721 4805 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.