Anger as Kilburn paedophile Harold Anthony jailed for three and a half years
- Credit: Archant
A father has spoken of his anger that a paedophile from Kilburn who sexually assaulted his six-year-old daughter has been jailed for only three and a half years.
Harold Anthony, 65, of Charteris Road, Kilburn, had admitted at Hendon Magistrates Court three counts of indecently assaulting a six-year-old girl by touching between May and June 2017.
Anthony, a former spring fitter in Wembley, also pleaded guilty to the historic indecent assault of a girl under the age of 14 years between February 2001 and February 2003. The second victim was aged eight years old at the time.
Anthony was jailed for three and a half years by a judge at Harrow Crown Court on December 22.
The father of the most recent victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told the Brent&Kilburn Times after sentencing: “I am relieved that at last he is behind bars and the world knows what he did but I feel angry at the sentence. The judge said because Anthony pleaded guilty he would only serve three and a half years. This is not even justice.”
You may also want to watch:
Another family member added: “My family is in bits because of this. But the judge said because he admitted what he did, there was a limit to the sentence that could be imposed. It is not right.”
Anthony has also been put on the sex offenders register indefinitely, Scotland Yard said.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 3 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 4 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 7 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 8 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 9 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 10 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre