American company director denies raping girl, 12, in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
An American company director who posed for a photograph with Barack Obama has appeared in court today charged with raping and molesting a 12-year-old girl in Brent.
John Mandeng allegedly attacked the child at an address in Willesden between January 2005 and December 2006.
The 47-year-old, who was extradited from America, appeared at Southwark Crown Court sporting a grey padded gillet over a grey prison-issue tracksuit.
He denied one charge of rape and two counts of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13.
Mandeng, of no fixed address, is in custody and will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on December 14 for the five-day trial.
You may also want to watch:
On his LinkedIn profile he boasts he is the executive director at Joman Group and his profile picture on the site and on social-networking website Twitter showed him posing with the US president.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 I tabled my own alternative Coronavirus (No 2) Bill