American company director denies raping girl, 12, in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
An American company director who posed for a photograph with Barack Obama has appeared in court today charged with raping and molesting a 12-year-old girl in Brent.
John Mandeng allegedly attacked the child at an address in Willesden between January 2005 and December 2006.
The 47-year-old, who was extradited from America, appeared at Southwark Crown Court sporting a grey padded gillet over a grey prison-issue tracksuit.
He denied one charge of rape and two counts of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13.
Mandeng, of no fixed address, is in custody and will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on December 14 for the five-day trial.
You may also want to watch:
On his LinkedIn profile he boasts he is the executive director at Joman Group and his profile picture on the site and on social-networking website Twitter showed him posing with the US president.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 3 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 4 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 7 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year