American company director denies raping girl, 12, in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
An American company director who posed for a photograph with Barack Obama has appeared in court today charged with raping and molesting a 12-year-old girl in Brent.
John Mandeng allegedly attacked the child at an address in Willesden between January 2005 and December 2006.
The 47-year-old, who was extradited from America, appeared at Southwark Crown Court sporting a grey padded gillet over a grey prison-issue tracksuit.
He denied one charge of rape and two counts of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13.
Mandeng, of no fixed address, is in custody and will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on December 14 for the five-day trial.
You may also want to watch:
On his LinkedIn profile he boasts he is the executive director at Joman Group and his profile picture on the site and on social-networking website Twitter showed him posing with the US president.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing