American company director denies raping girl, 12, in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
An American company director who posed for a photograph with Barack Obama has appeared in court today charged with raping and molesting a 12-year-old girl in Brent.
John Mandeng allegedly attacked the child at an address in Willesden between January 2005 and December 2006.
The 47-year-old, who was extradited from America, appeared at Southwark Crown Court sporting a grey padded gillet over a grey prison-issue tracksuit.
He denied one charge of rape and two counts of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13.
Mandeng, of no fixed address, is in custody and will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on December 14 for the five-day trial.
You may also want to watch:
On his LinkedIn profile he boasts he is the executive director at Joman Group and his profile picture on the site and on social-networking website Twitter showed him posing with the US president.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'