Search

Wembley man accused of raping drunken reality TV contestant

PUBLISHED: 11:08 19 November 2012 | UPDATED: 15:29 19 November 2012

...The Old Bailey

...The Old Bailey

PA Wire/Press Association Images

Soby John is claimed to have attacked his victim at the Hilton London Metropole

A drunken reality TV contestant was raped by a hotel porter from Wembley last month, a court has heard.

Soby John, 24, of Scarle Road, is said to have attacked the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, at the Hilton London Metropole in Edgware Road, Marylebone.

The episode allegedly unfolded on October 25, prosecutor Lesley Jones told Southwark Crown Court.

She said: “He entered her room by clandestine means without her permission.

“She was extremely intoxicated, and woke up to find him on top of her.”

The Indian national is expected to apply for bail this week once his lawyers have made arrangements to lodge a security.

He was not present in court for the hearing last Friday.

Judge Stephen Robbins adjourned proceedings until November 23 for the bail application to be heard.

John has not yet entered a plea to the single count of rape.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Kilburn Times