Saif Abdul Majid murder: Two 14-year-olds jailed for teenager’s fatal stabbing in Neasden

PUBLISHED: 18:13 21 March 2018 | UPDATED: 15:45 27 March 2018

Saif Abdul Majid (Picture: Met Police)

Saif Abdul Majid (Picture: Met Police)


Two 14-year-olds have been jailed for the murder of “kind hearted” Saif Abdul Majid in Neasden.

The aspiring footballer was stabbed to death in Tanfield Avenue shortly before 4pm on October 6.

The two boys, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were today sentenced to 14 years in prison for murdering the 18-year-old.

They were convicted of the murder on Thursday last week but the jury failed to reach a verdict for a 15-year-old following the five-week trial at the Old Bailey.

The court heard Saif’s killing was the culmination of a “simmering dispute” that had begun the previous day.

Saif had become involved in a fight with his killers in Neasden Lane that left him with a facial injury, police said.

When he returned the following day they were there again. The group walked to Clifford Court, where Saif was attacked a second time.

He was stabbed multiple times, with one fatal wound to his neck, and left bleeding to death on the pavement.

Friends of the victim, believed to be a former pupil at The Capital City Academy in Willesden, set up two fundraising pages to support Saif’s family.

Saif’s World has reached more than £6,500 of its £10,000 target.

A second fundraising page titled “Build water well in tribute to Saif” raised £505 towards building a well in Sudan.

The page describes Saif, from Ealing, as: “A kind-hearted, funny and honest person who would always make you smile.

“His aspirations to become a footballer and help his family and friends were high, but unfortunately he cannot fulfil his dreams.”

Detectives identified the suspects from witness accounts and CCTV analysis.

Det Insp Justin Howick said: “The level of violence directed at Saif on that fateful day was shocking.

“When [the two killers], who had chosen to arm themselves with knives, made the decision to attack him as a mob he stood no chance.

“This is another sorry example of the tragic outcomes that can occur when individuals arm themselves on the streets.

“Two young men will now spend a significant amount of time behind bars as a result of their actions, while Saif’s family will be left to mourn his needless death.”

One 14-year-old was jailed for 14 years and six months, and the other for 14 years.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Kilburn Times