Kenton murder: Trial date set for two men accused of Che Labastide-Wellington killing
PUBLISHED: 11:19 02 February 2016 | UPDATED: 11:26 02 February 2016
Two men accused of stabbing to death a 17-year-old boy in a mob attack at a 16th birthday party in Kenton will stand trial in April.
Calvin Tudor, 21, of Kelly Close, Neasden, and Walker Sesay, 18, of Rawlings Crescent, Wembley, were allegedly part of a 17-strong gang which attacked Che Labastide-Wellington in Belvedere Way, on November 8 last year.
Che was stabbed through the heart in an alleyway after attending the birthday bash.
He was ambushed just after 12.30am and was declared dead less than an hour later despite the efforts of paramedics.
A second teenager, 16, was also stabbed in the attack but survived.
Today Tudor and Sesay appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink for a hearing speaking only to confirm their names.
Crispin Aylett QC, prosecuting, said: “The defendants are charged with murder and attempted murder arising out of an incident in Kenton which took place last November.
“The defendants are said to be part of a group of about 17 who made their way to a party.
“There is the suggestion of gang rivalry and a number of people being involved in an armed attack on the victim.
“Police enquiries are still proceeding in relation to others thought to have been part of the group of 17.’
He told the court the police and the Crown Prosecution Service are currently considering whether anyone else should be charged over the incident.
Seven men and four teenage boys, including one aged 14, remain on police bail in connection with the attack.
Judge Peter Rook QC remanded the defendants in custody until a plea and case management hearing on February 24.
A trial date has been set for April 25.
Both are accused of murder and attempted murder.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.