Search

Fourth man jailed for killing Wembley father in Bournemouth

PUBLISHED: 15:04 15 July 2013 | UPDATED: 15:06 15 July 2013

Reece James was killed in July last year

Reece James was killed in July last year

Archant

Reece James, 31, was gunned down in July last year

A fourth man has been jailed for killing a Wembley father in Bournemouth.

Reece James, 21, was gunned down in the Boscombe area of the seaside resort in Dorset on July 25 last year.

Kieron Kenroy Wellington, 30, from Bournemouth, and three London men; Wayne Stephenson, 34, Keifer Hutchinson, 23, and Jarome Parkinson, 25, were found guilty of his manslaughter following a trial at Winchester Crown Court last month.

Wellington, Stephenson and Hutchinson were each jailed for 16 years but Parkinson’s sentencing was adjourned.

Last week he was jailed for 18 years.

The judge, the Honourable Mrs Justice Nicola Davies, said: “This was an offence that required careful planning, and you played an integral part.

“A firearm was used, and the seriousness of this cannot be undermined, whether it was intended to threaten whoever was inside the flat or purposely harm.

“I believe a sentence of 18 year’s imprisonment will give you time to reflect on your life and the crime you have committed.”

Jurors had heard all four had stormed the address Mr James was staying at to steal money, drugs or other property when they killed him.

Mr James, who was known as ‘Stylie’, had become a father for the first time.

His heartbroken mother, Michelle James, has forgiven her son’s killers.

She said: “I come from a strong Christian family and what has held us together is our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. In that very same vein the Lord forgave me, so I in turn forgive all those involved in taking Reece away.

“Reece was a loving, caring individual. He was the eldest of all my children and he was very influential in a positive way. He was very much a part of all the decisions I made with my immediate family.

“You can imagine the impact this has had on this family when a link has been removed from a chain, broken. It will never be the same.”

“We will not forget.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Related articles

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Kilburn Times