Ex-Met worker and his brother convicted of child sex offences
PUBLISHED: 18:20 28 October 2013 | UPDATED: 18:20 28 October 2013
A former Metropolitan police worker and his brother have both been found guilty of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl.
Mohammad Imran Shabbir, 34, ex-Met employee, and Muhammad Farhan Shabbir, 25, both of The Hyde, Colindale, were each convicted of sexual assault on the girl last week.
Harrow Crown Court heard Mohammad assaulted the girl at an address in the NW9 area in May 2011.
His brother struck between January and March 2011.
They were arrested in December last year after their victim told a teacher at her school and subsequently charged.
Both will be sentenced on November 22.
Detective Constable Luke Williams, investigating officer, said: “The vulnerable young victim in this case showed great courage in coming forward.
The Metropolitan Police will tirelessly pursue offenders who exploit the most vulnerable in society.”
Both men were acquitted of another sexual assault on the same girl.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.