Cricklewood X Factor semi-finalist Lauren Murray is going all out for the final
- Credit: Archant
Cricklewood’s X Factor semi-finalist is going all out to get to the final after finding herself at the bottom two at the weekend.
Lauren Murray was pitted against Filipino girl band 4th Impact in a sing off to save her place in the ITV singing competition which ends in two weeks.
The 25-year-old dental receptionist belted out a version of Mariah Carey’s Vision in Love to compete with 4th Impact’s Jennifer Hudson cover And I am Telling You.
Her mentor Rita Ora voted for her to stay as did fellow judge Radio One’s Nick Grimshaw. Cheryl Versini-Fernandez remained loyal to her group girls and Simon Cowell, with the final deciding vote, sided with the Impact sisters.
With the former St Agnes RC Primary School pupil in deadlock the public vote count saved her to sing another week.
She said: “Being in the bottom two my heart was racing but in some ways it gave me a huge drive to go out and deliver my best performance. And of course I enjoyed getting to sing a Mariah song - doing songs like that is where I see myself as an artist.
“I’m now focused on getting through this weekend and I’m going all out to get to the final.”
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
XFactor is on ITV on Saturday and Sunday at 8pm. The final is on December 13