Cricklewood X Factor semi-finalist Lauren Murray is going all out for the final
- Credit: Archant
Cricklewood’s X Factor semi-finalist is going all out to get to the final after finding herself at the bottom two at the weekend.
Lauren Murray was pitted against Filipino girl band 4th Impact in a sing off to save her place in the ITV singing competition which ends in two weeks.
The 25-year-old dental receptionist belted out a version of Mariah Carey’s Vision in Love to compete with 4th Impact’s Jennifer Hudson cover And I am Telling You.
Her mentor Rita Ora voted for her to stay as did fellow judge Radio One’s Nick Grimshaw. Cheryl Versini-Fernandez remained loyal to her group girls and Simon Cowell, with the final deciding vote, sided with the Impact sisters.
With the former St Agnes RC Primary School pupil in deadlock the public vote count saved her to sing another week.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Being in the bottom two my heart was racing but in some ways it gave me a huge drive to go out and deliver my best performance. And of course I enjoyed getting to sing a Mariah song - doing songs like that is where I see myself as an artist.
“I’m now focused on getting through this weekend and I’m going all out to get to the final.”
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 3 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 4 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 7 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
XFactor is on ITV on Saturday and Sunday at 8pm. The final is on December 13