Cricklewood therapist shows mental dating is all the same
New play follows tribulations of mental health patients finding love only for their therapist to discover she is afflicted by the same problems
NEW play Nuts and dates follows the trials of a group of people with mental health issues getting advice on how to find love.
However it soon becomes clear that the problems they face are little different to the rest of us.
And as the therapist dishes out the advice she reflects on her problems at home.
Debutant writer Sarah Davis was inspired to pen the comedy after helping a group of sufferers explore the challenges and solutions in meeting someone.
Sarah, a drama and group therapist, said: “This story mirrors a little of my professional life. I began to ask myself how a group could be used for people to express their hopes in finding relationships and how the therapist could give them practical pointers along the way.
“But as I was writing, it seemed playful to allow the group to find resolutions while the apparently stable group leader began to question issues in her own life.”
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 4 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 5 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 6 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 7 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 8 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
- 9 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 10 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
The play is performed by Cricklewood Broadway Productions, set-up 13-years-ago by a group of friends in a front room and gives all proceeds to local charities.
It kicks-off at the Cockpit Theatre, in Gateforth Street, Marylebone, on Thursday, January 27 at 8.15pm, with subsequent performances on Saturday and Sunday, January 29 and 30, which start at 8.15pm and 7.45pm respectively.
Tickets are �12.50 and �7.50 for students and under 16s.
For tickets contact Lauren on 07751 608050