Cricklewood Station wins silver rail award for town team transformation
- Credit: Archant
Cricklewood Station has won a silver award for its transformation project thanks to the work of its local town team.
The station, which is managed by Thameslink, won the accolade for the “It’s Your Station” category at the Association of Community Rail (ACORP) Awards.
Cricklewood Town Team, a group of 30-plus volunteers, developed the land surrounding the station into a beautiful green area, supported by new screening, photo collages and a new personalised clock.
Their work also includes the installation of an artwork spelling out ‘Cricklewood’ made from reclaimed scaffolding boards.
Marie Hancock, one of the volunteers, said: “It’s wonderful that all the hard work and effort by the volunteers in Cricklewood, supported by James Gillett and his team at the station, has been recognised by this award.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so pleased to be involved with the station and to win this award is fabulous.”
Stuart Cheshire, Thameslink’s passenger services director, said: “We are committed to putting our stations and services at the heart of the communities they serve.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
“Over the past year we have seen so many more groups adopt our stations and work with us to further tailor the locations to the local areas. All of their efforts are wonderful and I’m so pleased that the excellent efforts at Cricklewood have been recognised.
“The volunteers and station team have undertaken excellent work and I thank them for this.”