Cricklewood Station wins silver rail award for town team transformation
- Credit: Archant
Cricklewood Station has won a silver award for its transformation project thanks to the work of its local town team.
The station, which is managed by Thameslink, won the accolade for the “It’s Your Station” category at the Association of Community Rail (ACORP) Awards.
Cricklewood Town Team, a group of 30-plus volunteers, developed the land surrounding the station into a beautiful green area, supported by new screening, photo collages and a new personalised clock.
Their work also includes the installation of an artwork spelling out ‘Cricklewood’ made from reclaimed scaffolding boards.
Marie Hancock, one of the volunteers, said: “It’s wonderful that all the hard work and effort by the volunteers in Cricklewood, supported by James Gillett and his team at the station, has been recognised by this award.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so pleased to be involved with the station and to win this award is fabulous.”
Stuart Cheshire, Thameslink’s passenger services director, said: “We are committed to putting our stations and services at the heart of the communities they serve.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
“Over the past year we have seen so many more groups adopt our stations and work with us to further tailor the locations to the local areas. All of their efforts are wonderful and I’m so pleased that the excellent efforts at Cricklewood have been recognised.
“The volunteers and station team have undertaken excellent work and I thank them for this.”