Cricklewood Station wins silver rail award for town team transformation
- Credit: Archant
Cricklewood Station has won a silver award for its transformation project thanks to the work of its local town team.
The station, which is managed by Thameslink, won the accolade for the “It’s Your Station” category at the Association of Community Rail (ACORP) Awards.
Cricklewood Town Team, a group of 30-plus volunteers, developed the land surrounding the station into a beautiful green area, supported by new screening, photo collages and a new personalised clock.
Their work also includes the installation of an artwork spelling out ‘Cricklewood’ made from reclaimed scaffolding boards.
Marie Hancock, one of the volunteers, said: “It’s wonderful that all the hard work and effort by the volunteers in Cricklewood, supported by James Gillett and his team at the station, has been recognised by this award.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so pleased to be involved with the station and to win this award is fabulous.”
Stuart Cheshire, Thameslink’s passenger services director, said: “We are committed to putting our stations and services at the heart of the communities they serve.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 4 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 5 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 6 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 9 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
“Over the past year we have seen so many more groups adopt our stations and work with us to further tailor the locations to the local areas. All of their efforts are wonderful and I’m so pleased that the excellent efforts at Cricklewood have been recognised.
“The volunteers and station team have undertaken excellent work and I thank them for this.”