Cricklewood nurse’s bike is stolen weeks before he is due to cycle for charity
Paul Spencer-Gittens’ Specialized Crosstrail Hybrid Pro Disc was swiped outside his house
A cancer nurse is hoping to be on the receiving end of support after his bike was stolen just a few weeks before he was due to ride 70 miles for charity.
Paul Spencer-Gittens, 52, of Larch Road, Cricklewood, was left devastated after his 2011 Specialized Crosstrail Hybrid Pro Disc was taken from outside his house on June 2 along with the Wee-Ride Co-pilot tag-along he uses when taking his son Oscar to school.
Mr Spencer-Gittens, a cancer nurse at St Barts hospital, was in training for the London to Brighton Moonride event and locked his bike to a wall bracket every night.
He said: “It was my day off and my wife opened the curtains in the front room and said ‘your bike has gone’.
“I could not believe it. I felt sick and wanted to cry. I had only bought it in January and splashed out a bit more for it as I use my bike a lot.”
Neighbours rallied round and have pledged to provide My Spencer-Gittens with a bike if insurance does not come through in time for the June 29 ride.
- 1 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 2 A Level results 2022: Brent schools as they come in
- 3 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 4 ‘A Windrush Lioness’: Tributes paid to Harlesden resident Lera Clarke
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 8 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 9 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 10 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
In the meantime, Mr Spencer-Gittens is calling for people to keep their eyes open for his bike.
To sponsor Mr Spencer-Gittens visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PaulSpencerGittens