Cricklewood nurse’s bike is stolen weeks before he is due to cycle for charity
Paul Spencer-Gittens’ Specialized Crosstrail Hybrid Pro Disc was swiped outside his house
A cancer nurse is hoping to be on the receiving end of support after his bike was stolen just a few weeks before he was due to ride 70 miles for charity.
Paul Spencer-Gittens, 52, of Larch Road, Cricklewood, was left devastated after his 2011 Specialized Crosstrail Hybrid Pro Disc was taken from outside his house on June 2 along with the Wee-Ride Co-pilot tag-along he uses when taking his son Oscar to school.
Mr Spencer-Gittens, a cancer nurse at St Barts hospital, was in training for the London to Brighton Moonride event and locked his bike to a wall bracket every night.
He said: “It was my day off and my wife opened the curtains in the front room and said ‘your bike has gone’.
You may also want to watch:
“I could not believe it. I felt sick and wanted to cry. I had only bought it in January and splashed out a bit more for it as I use my bike a lot.”
Neighbours rallied round and have pledged to provide My Spencer-Gittens with a bike if insurance does not come through in time for the June 29 ride.
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 4 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 5 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 6 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 7 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
In the meantime, Mr Spencer-Gittens is calling for people to keep their eyes open for his bike.
To sponsor Mr Spencer-Gittens visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PaulSpencerGittens