Cricklewood crash: Police appeal after man dies when car hits lamppost
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s was killed when a car collided with a lamp post in Cricklewood on Saturday morning.
Police are now appealing for information and witnesses to the crash - which took place in Dollis Hill Lane at the junction with Brook Road. Officers were called at 9.08am to reports of the collision.
The man who has died is thought to have been the driver, while a male passenger was taken to hospital for treatment but has since been discharged.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: "At this stage it is not thought any other vehicles were involved.
The Met said the car caught fire shortly after the incident. Police, the Fire Brigade, and London Ambulance Service all attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed this is asked to call officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8246 9820.
- 1 Seven sought over Wembley gang attack that left man with severed ear
- 2 Woman's 'shock' at male officer sent to welfare check at Wembley hotel
- 3 Wembley firefighter looks back as he retires after 30 years
- 4 One in billion DNA match links teenager to sisters' murder in Kingsbury, court told
- 5 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 6 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 7 All you need to know about tickets for Boxpark's Euro 2020 screenings
- 8 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 9 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears
- 10 Primary school in Kilburn back open after staff member contracted Covid