Cricklewood community win Gold at London in Bloom
- Credit: Archant
Gardens full of blooms and colour have once again earned a Dollis Hill community winning awards.
Campbell Gordon Way won a Gold Community Award and five stars (Outstanding) in the ‘It’s Your Neighbourhood’ category at the London in Bloom awards on September 22.
Bernard and Anita Fitzpatrick, who lead the horticulture project and its 30 garden club members, wowed judges with their displays of summer bedding, vegetable plots and hanging baskets.
They demonstrated excellent composting and recycling facilities and also their embedded links in the community with their close relationship with the safer neighbourhood police team.
Since 2014 Campbell Gordon Way have won six awards - two gold and four five stars awards,
Mr Fitzpatrick said: “It’s an amazing result, we’re all very happy.
“The judges are very strict. If you don’t put in the work, you don’t get the points. I would like to thank the Campbell Gordon way community and everyone involved.”
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 8 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
He also thanked the team’s sponsors Paddy Walsh at Buxted Construction, MCS property agents and Aztec Maintenance Ltd.