Cricklewood colleagues first marathon run to support cancer victims
- Credit: Archant
Two members of a Cricklewood-based waste company who are running the London Marathon for the first time have set themselves a challenge to raise £10,000 for charity.
John McGowan and Gary Enright, who work for P.B. Donoghue in Claremont Road, have already raised more than £6,000 for Breast Cancer Now, who fund research into improving ways to find, prevent, detect, treat and stop breast cancer.
They have now set a new target of £10,000.
John and Gary are raising money for the charity after experiencing first-hand the devastating effects of a diagnosis of breast cancer in their families.
They want to do everything they can to help other women and their families who find themselves in the same position.
Mr McGowan said: “Our day to day work is focused around helping companies improve their waste management but outside of this, the company is determined to do as much as they can to improve the lives of people with cancer.”
His colleague Mr Enright added: “The training has been really tough but we have been spurred on by this great cause. Although we have raised a significant sum already we want to raise even more money so please help!
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 9 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
Peter Donoghue, managing director, said “We are all very proud of John and Gary. As new Marathon runners, they have put in many hours of training and everyone here will be supporting them on Sunday.”
To sponsor the two friends go to justgiving.com/fundraising/John-McGowan6