Cricklewood charity awarded £5k community grant
- Credit: Archant
A community resource centre in Cricklewood has been awarded a £5,000 community grant from a real estate investment trust.
Ashford Place in Ashford Road, has received the cash boost from SEGRO to launch a volunteering programme in Brent.
Ashford Place offers a variety of resources to the Brent community including services for elderly and isolated residents, engaging with young people, helping vulnerable people back to work and public realm improvements.
Martin Kidd from SEGRO said: “We are committed to supporting community groups, which place an emphasis on enhancing the skills of local residents and helping vulnerable people. “When we heard about the number of successful initiatives that Ashford Place runs to support the local community, it encouraged us to make a contribution towards the work of this important community initiative.”
Danny Maher, chief executive at Ashford Place, added: “We are grateful to SEGRO for their generous donation, which will enable us to start our new volunteering programme. Working with companies like SEGRO will help us identify additional private sector partners, who can provide jobs and valuable skills to the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
The good news comes a fortnight after the charity was targeted by an arsonist who broke into the premises and set a room alight.
Fortunately no one was injured but an area in the building was damaged during the blaze.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 6 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Anyone with information should call Brent Police on 020 8733 3709 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.