Cricklewood and Harlesden men jailed for plot to carry out burglary spree across Brent and Barnet
- Credit: Archant
A pair of convicted burglars who planned to carry out a crime spree in Brent and Barnet shortly after being released from jail are back behind bars.
Drug addicts Peter Sheen, 55, of Cricklewood Broadway, Cricklewood, and Patrick McLaughlin, of Harlesden Road, Harlesden, were snared after they tried to break into two properties on June 27 while under surveillance by officers from Brent Crime Squad
Harrow Crown Court heard both men, who have previous burglary convictions, were seen trying to force open a window at an address in Brondesbury Park and later at another property in Cricklewood Broadway.
When officers later stopped the pair, Sheen was found in possession with a crowbar that matched both crime scenes.
Last week they admitted residential burglary and attempted burglary and were jailed for four-and-a-half years each.
PC Pedro Alonso, who was in charge of the investigation, said: “Sheen and McLaughlin are career burglars who have both previously served long terms of imprisonment for residential burglary offences and are unlikely to change their ways.
“Residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put fear in to burglary offenders operating on this borough by maintaining pro-active operations on them and arresting them when they least expect it.”
- 1 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 2 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 6 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing