Cricket legend Alvin Kallicharran offers some top tips to Brent’s youngsters
The West Inidies cricketer was considered one of the greatest batsman in the world while he played during the Seventies
The sound of leather on willow is likely to become a lot more common as Brent youngsters are being given the chance to take a cricketing master class West Indies team batsman, Alvin Kallicharran.
Children aged nine to 15 will get a rare opportunity to pick up some top tips on how to hit a ball for six from the Caribbean cricket great – considered one of the world’s finest batsmen when he was playing during the Seventies.
And they will get a chance to sign up for new Saturday afternoon cricket classes running at Kingsbury High School sports hall in March and April.
Sarah Smith, Brent’s library coordinator said: “We’re thrilled to have a legend like Alvin Kallicharran coming to show his support for the cricketing course.
You may also want to watch:
“He will be such a role model to the children, especially at a time when the England cricket team is doing so well internationally. “
The masterclass will take place at Kingsbury Library Plus, in Kingsbury Road, Kingsbury on March 5 from 2 to 4pm.
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 4 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 5 Fresh appeal to find mum of newborn baby girl found in Grand Union Canal
- 6 Three Brent Labour councillors apologised for wrongdoing in 2020
- 7 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 8 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 9 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
The programme costs �10 and will be split into two sessions, one for primary-aged children and one for secondary. Places are limited. To book call 020 8937 3707 or visit www.brent.gov.uk/cricket