Court told of murder threat
by Alex Wellman An alleged killer threatened to commit more murders if word got out he was involved, a court heard. Femi Forde, 24, of Harlesden Gardens, Harlesden, threatened getaway driver-turned witness Aaron Bernard during a shopping
by Alex Wellman
An alleged killer threatened to commit more murders if word got out he was involved, a court heard.
Femi Forde, 24, of Harlesden Gardens, Harlesden, threatened getaway driver-turned witness Aaron Bernard during a shopping trip, the Old Bailey was told on June 10.
Mr Forde is accused of gunning down Wayne Freckleton, 25, of Church End Estate, in Ike's barbers in Acton Lane, Harlesden, on April 25, 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bernard, who admits driving Forde and co-accused Richard Osborne, 28 of Jeffries House, Brett Crescent, Stonebridge, from the scene, claims he had no idea the duo were going to commit murder.
Jurors heard on Wednesday that around a month after the killing Mr Forde called Mr Bernard for a lift to the Queensway Shopping Centre in Bayswater.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election
Mr Bernard said: "He then said, which I took as a subliminal threat to me, 'If I hear that anybody is talking to the police I am going to get them'."
Forde, Osborne, Antoine Richards, 18, of Hayes, Middlesex, and Marcus Siyum, 19, of Burns Road, Harlesden, all deny murder.
A fifth man, Jamal Smith, 27, from Colchester, Essex, denies two counts of assisting an offender.
Follow latest reports in this case on this website, on Facebook by becoming a friend of Willesden Brent Times and on Twitter by following WBTimes - twitter.com/WBTimes