Court told of murder threat
by Alex Wellman An alleged killer threatened to commit more murders if word got out he was involved, a court heard. Femi Forde, 24, of Harlesden Gardens, Harlesden, threatened getaway driver-turned witness Aaron Bernard during a shopping
by Alex Wellman
An alleged killer threatened to commit more murders if word got out he was involved, a court heard.
Femi Forde, 24, of Harlesden Gardens, Harlesden, threatened getaway driver-turned witness Aaron Bernard during a shopping trip, the Old Bailey was told on June 10.
Mr Forde is accused of gunning down Wayne Freckleton, 25, of Church End Estate, in Ike's barbers in Acton Lane, Harlesden, on April 25, 2008.
Mr Bernard, who admits driving Forde and co-accused Richard Osborne, 28 of Jeffries House, Brett Crescent, Stonebridge, from the scene, claims he had no idea the duo were going to commit murder.
Jurors heard on Wednesday that around a month after the killing Mr Forde called Mr Bernard for a lift to the Queensway Shopping Centre in Bayswater.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 4 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 5 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 6 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Mr Bernard said: "He then said, which I took as a subliminal threat to me, 'If I hear that anybody is talking to the police I am going to get them'."
Forde, Osborne, Antoine Richards, 18, of Hayes, Middlesex, and Marcus Siyum, 19, of Burns Road, Harlesden, all deny murder.
A fifth man, Jamal Smith, 27, from Colchester, Essex, denies two counts of assisting an offender.
Follow latest reports in this case on this website, on Facebook by becoming a friend of Willesden Brent Times and on Twitter by following WBTimes - twitter.com/WBTimes