Court told of murder threat
by Alex Wellman An alleged killer threatened to commit more murders if word got out he was involved, a court heard. Femi Forde, 24, of Harlesden Gardens, Harlesden, threatened getaway driver-turned witness Aaron Bernard during a shopping
by Alex Wellman
An alleged killer threatened to commit more murders if word got out he was involved, a court heard.
Femi Forde, 24, of Harlesden Gardens, Harlesden, threatened getaway driver-turned witness Aaron Bernard during a shopping trip, the Old Bailey was told on June 10.
Mr Forde is accused of gunning down Wayne Freckleton, 25, of Church End Estate, in Ike's barbers in Acton Lane, Harlesden, on April 25, 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bernard, who admits driving Forde and co-accused Richard Osborne, 28 of Jeffries House, Brett Crescent, Stonebridge, from the scene, claims he had no idea the duo were going to commit murder.
Jurors heard on Wednesday that around a month after the killing Mr Forde called Mr Bernard for a lift to the Queensway Shopping Centre in Bayswater.
- 1 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 2 QPR boss pleased with Man United win and now looking to tie down Odubajo
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 5 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 6 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 9 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
- 10 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
Mr Bernard said: "He then said, which I took as a subliminal threat to me, 'If I hear that anybody is talking to the police I am going to get them'."
Forde, Osborne, Antoine Richards, 18, of Hayes, Middlesex, and Marcus Siyum, 19, of Burns Road, Harlesden, all deny murder.
A fifth man, Jamal Smith, 27, from Colchester, Essex, denies two counts of assisting an offender.
Follow latest reports in this case on this website, on Facebook by becoming a friend of Willesden Brent Times and on Twitter by following WBTimes - twitter.com/WBTimes