Councils vow to help those left at risk by Kids Company Treehouse closure
- Credit: Archant
Camden and Westminster councils are drawing up plans to ensure vulnerable young people affected by the closure of Treehouse in Fortune Green “do not slip through the net”.
Some of the most vulerable local young residents relied on services provided by the Treehouse in Fordwych Road, which was run by the now-closed Kids Company.
Cllr Angela Mason, cabinet member for children, said: “Although Camden Council doesn’t refer any children to Kids Company or commission services from them, we know that some young people in the area will have sought out their services. We are ready to support any vulnerable children and young people in the borough who are affected by the closure.
“We had a positive working relationship with the service at Treehouse prior to its closure last week and our primary concern is for the vulnerable young people and adults who used this charity.
“We have contingency plans in place for situations like these and are working closely with the service and other agencies across London to make sure no young people slip through the net.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Danny Chalkley, Westminster Council’s cabinet member for children and young people, added: “Following the closure of Kids Company, we are working with parents and guardians to secure alternative, high-quality arrangements for the two students in Westminster who were due to start at the Treehouse centre in September.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report