Councillor pleads guilty to fraud
by Alex Wellman A councillor is facing political ruin after he pleaded guilty to 11 counts of fraud. Cllr Vijay Shah, Wembley Central ward, changed his plea to guilty at St Albans Crown Court on Wednesday following the 11 charges of finan
by Alex Wellman
A councillor is facing political ruin after he pleaded guilty to 11 counts of fraud.
Cllr Vijay Shah, Wembley Central ward, changed his plea to guilty at St Albans Crown Court on Wednesday following the 11 charges of financial fraud.
Cllr Shah, 45, of Clayton Avenue, Wembley, who initially refuted the allegations, was arrested in March 2008 on suspicion of fraud by abuse of position in relation to a company in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Following the arrest Cllr Shah was booted out of his party, the Liberal Democrats, but continued as an independent member of Brent Council.
Cllr Shah will return to St Albans Crown Court on May 13 for sentencing.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Read reactions and follow developments in this story in this website, on Facebook by becoming a friend of Willesden Brent Times and on Twitter by following WBTimes.