Councillor pleads guilty to fraud
by Alex Wellman A councillor is facing political ruin after he pleaded guilty to 11 counts of fraud. Cllr Vijay Shah, Wembley Central ward, changed his plea to guilty at St Albans Crown Court on Wednesday following the 11 charges of finan
by Alex Wellman
A councillor is facing political ruin after he pleaded guilty to 11 counts of fraud.
Cllr Vijay Shah, Wembley Central ward, changed his plea to guilty at St Albans Crown Court on Wednesday following the 11 charges of financial fraud.
Cllr Shah, 45, of Clayton Avenue, Wembley, who initially refuted the allegations, was arrested in March 2008 on suspicion of fraud by abuse of position in relation to a company in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Following the arrest Cllr Shah was booted out of his party, the Liberal Democrats, but continued as an independent member of Brent Council.
Cllr Shah will return to St Albans Crown Court on May 13 for sentencing.
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 4 Cricklewood Library crowdfunder launched to 'get it over the line'
- 5 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 6 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 7 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 8 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 10 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
Read reactions and follow developments in this story in this website, on Facebook by becoming a friend of Willesden Brent Times and on Twitter by following WBTimes.