Councillor and former Lord Mayor of Westminster dies
- Credit: Archant
The leader of the council has paid tribute to a long-standing councillor and former Lord Mayor of Westminster who died over the weekend.
Cllr Audrey Lewis, ward councillor for Bryanston and Dorset Square, became a cabinet member in 2004 first as Cabinet Member for Community Protection and Licensing, and then Customer Services and Neighbourhoods.
In her most recently role she served as the Mayor before stepping down two months ago.
Before she become a councillor, Cllr Lewis, lived in Marylebone, worked in advertising.
Cllr Philippa Roe, leader of Westminster Council, said: “Westminster is left without one of the most talented and hardworking Councillors I have had the privilege to work with.
You may also want to watch:
“Our thoughts and prayers are with Audrey’s family and many friends at this very sad time.”
Cllr Lewis is survived by her step-daughter Victoria Lewis, and three grand-daughters Frances, Nancy and Kathleen.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
She was married to Peter Lewis, who died in 2010.