Councillor and former Lord Mayor of Westminster dies
- Credit: Archant
The leader of the council has paid tribute to a long-standing councillor and former Lord Mayor of Westminster who died over the weekend.
Cllr Audrey Lewis, ward councillor for Bryanston and Dorset Square, became a cabinet member in 2004 first as Cabinet Member for Community Protection and Licensing, and then Customer Services and Neighbourhoods.
In her most recently role she served as the Mayor before stepping down two months ago.
Before she become a councillor, Cllr Lewis, lived in Marylebone, worked in advertising.
Cllr Philippa Roe, leader of Westminster Council, said: “Westminster is left without one of the most talented and hardworking Councillors I have had the privilege to work with.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with Audrey’s family and many friends at this very sad time.”
Cllr Lewis is survived by her step-daughter Victoria Lewis, and three grand-daughters Frances, Nancy and Kathleen.
- 1 QPR boss Beale disappointed to bow out of Carabao Cup
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 3 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 4 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 5 QPR bow out of EFL Cup after penalty shoot-out at Charlton
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 10 Sven Badzak: Stabbing victim's family ‘outraged’ as trial delayed
She was married to Peter Lewis, who died in 2010.