Council is '21st Century employer'
by Nadia Sam-Daliri Flexible hours for staff and a positive environment to work in have won the council a top employer award. Brent Council has been dubbed a 21st Century employer by jobs assessor, Work Wise UK. On March 25, the council
by Nadia Sam-Daliri
Flexible hours for staff and a positive environment to work in have won the council a top employer award.
Brent Council has been dubbed a '21st Century employer' by jobs assessor, Work Wise UK.
On March 25, the council became the first local authority in the UK to scoop a quality mark of excellence in the awards.
Phil Flaxton, chief executive for Work Wise UK, said: "Many other local authorities are likely to follow Brent's example to be seen as a modern 21st Century employer."
The council was praised for encouraging a good work/life balance and looking for better ways to keep staff travel down and make it more environmentally friendly.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 6 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 10 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
Council employees have the option to buy or sell annual leave, work from home, job share and take employment breaks.
Parents can also choose to work in term times only and get paid on a pro rata basis.