Council is '21st Century employer'
by Nadia Sam-Daliri Flexible hours for staff and a positive environment to work in have won the council a top employer award. Brent Council has been dubbed a 21st Century employer by jobs assessor, Work Wise UK. On March 25, the council
by Nadia Sam-Daliri
Flexible hours for staff and a positive environment to work in have won the council a top employer award.
Brent Council has been dubbed a '21st Century employer' by jobs assessor, Work Wise UK.
On March 25, the council became the first local authority in the UK to scoop a quality mark of excellence in the awards.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Flaxton, chief executive for Work Wise UK, said: "Many other local authorities are likely to follow Brent's example to be seen as a modern 21st Century employer."
The council was praised for encouraging a good work/life balance and looking for better ways to keep staff travel down and make it more environmentally friendly.
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
Council employees have the option to buy or sell annual leave, work from home, job share and take employment breaks.
Parents can also choose to work in term times only and get paid on a pro rata basis.