Council is '21st Century employer'
by Nadia Sam-Daliri Flexible hours for staff and a positive environment to work in have won the council a top employer award. Brent Council has been dubbed a 21st Century employer by jobs assessor, Work Wise UK. On March 25, the council
by Nadia Sam-Daliri
Flexible hours for staff and a positive environment to work in have won the council a top employer award.
Brent Council has been dubbed a '21st Century employer' by jobs assessor, Work Wise UK.
On March 25, the council became the first local authority in the UK to scoop a quality mark of excellence in the awards.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Flaxton, chief executive for Work Wise UK, said: "Many other local authorities are likely to follow Brent's example to be seen as a modern 21st Century employer."
The council was praised for encouraging a good work/life balance and looking for better ways to keep staff travel down and make it more environmentally friendly.
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 3 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 4 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
Council employees have the option to buy or sell annual leave, work from home, job share and take employment breaks.
Parents can also choose to work in term times only and get paid on a pro rata basis.