Council is '21st Century employer'
by Nadia Sam-Daliri Flexible hours for staff and a positive environment to work in have won the council a top employer award. Brent Council has been dubbed a 21st Century employer by jobs assessor, Work Wise UK. On March 25, the council
by Nadia Sam-Daliri
Flexible hours for staff and a positive environment to work in have won the council a top employer award.
Brent Council has been dubbed a '21st Century employer' by jobs assessor, Work Wise UK.
On March 25, the council became the first local authority in the UK to scoop a quality mark of excellence in the awards.
Phil Flaxton, chief executive for Work Wise UK, said: "Many other local authorities are likely to follow Brent's example to be seen as a modern 21st Century employer."
The council was praised for encouraging a good work/life balance and looking for better ways to keep staff travel down and make it more environmentally friendly.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 4 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 5 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 6 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 7 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 8 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 9 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
- 10 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
Council employees have the option to buy or sell annual leave, work from home, job share and take employment breaks.
Parents can also choose to work in term times only and get paid on a pro rata basis.