Could Boris bikes come to Brent?
Brent Central MP Sarah Teather has launched a petition calling for hire bikes to be installed outside Willesden Green station
Brent Central MP Sarah Teather has issued a rallying cry to cyclists by launching a petition calling on the Mayor of London to install ‘Boris bikes’ outside Willesden Green station.
The hire bikes are available at docking points across London and there are plans to create more in time for the 2012 Olympics.
Ms Teather, who is also minister for children and families, said: “I am very keen to see Boris bikes available to hire locally. Cycling is great for people’s health, good for the environment, and allows local people to avoid the chaos on the jubilee line.
“The Mayor of London has identified Outer London areas like Brent as ideal locations to increase bike usage, and money has been made available.
You may also want to watch:
“I have written to Boris asking for these bikes and I am now working hard to make sure that Brent fulfils its obligations as a biking borough and introduce cycle hubs, starting with one at Willesden Green Tube Station.”
Brent was made a biking borough last year and given �25,000 to develop its cycling strategy.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds