Could Boris bikes come to Brent?
Brent Central MP Sarah Teather has launched a petition calling for hire bikes to be installed outside Willesden Green station
Brent Central MP Sarah Teather has issued a rallying cry to cyclists by launching a petition calling on the Mayor of London to install ‘Boris bikes’ outside Willesden Green station.
The hire bikes are available at docking points across London and there are plans to create more in time for the 2012 Olympics.
Ms Teather, who is also minister for children and families, said: “I am very keen to see Boris bikes available to hire locally. Cycling is great for people’s health, good for the environment, and allows local people to avoid the chaos on the jubilee line.
“The Mayor of London has identified Outer London areas like Brent as ideal locations to increase bike usage, and money has been made available.
You may also want to watch:
“I have written to Boris asking for these bikes and I am now working hard to make sure that Brent fulfils its obligations as a biking borough and introduce cycle hubs, starting with one at Willesden Green Tube Station.”
Brent was made a biking borough last year and given �25,000 to develop its cycling strategy.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Sudbury estate residents slam council's parking plans