Coroner rules Kenton mother and two children died in murder-suicide
- Credit: Archant
A coroner has ruled that a mother killed her two young sons before taking her own life in their home in Kenton.
Jeyvani Vageswaran, seven-month-old Nathiban and five-year-old Anopan were found dead at their flat in Woodgrange Close.
Mrs Vageswaran’s husband and the children’s father Sakthivel made the discovery on January 9.
A post mortem showed the 33-year-old Sri-Lankan died from hanging after smothering the two tots.
Last week at North London Coroner’s Court, Coroner Andrew Walker ruled the two children’s death were an act of unlawful killing and Mrs Vageswaran committed suicide.
You may also want to watch:
In March, Brent Council launched an internal investigation into the there deaths after it was revealed the family had prior contact with social services.
The serious case review will look at its role in safeguarding the children as outlined in the Working Together (2013) guide.
Related links: Mother and her two young sons found dead in KentonBrent Council launch internal investigation into Kenton deaths of mother and her two sonsPost mortem results show Kenton mother suffocated her two children before hanging herself
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 3 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting