Coronavirus: Neasden woman hosting free YouTube entertainment with donations to Age uK
- Credit: Archant
A Neasden woman is hosting a free virtual entertainment event for people in retirement and those living in care homes.
Yasmin Niazi, who lives in Dorman Walk, will be online on Monday (May 11) from 5pm to 6pm, with all proceeds going to Age UK.
Her Past Your Bedtime event includes narrated stories from the past, and she also has a quiz planned “with prizes”.
The 49-year-old said: “Many elderly people are left alone at the moment, they can’t see family, they can’t socialise, they are locked down in their homes.
“I’m offering to entertain them and their families and raise some money at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
Yasmin, who lost her father to cancer last year, is currently doing a course in event management and has been asked to organise an event.
“At this time I want to do something that has a bit more meaning and is close to my heart.
- 1 South African Covid-19 variant found in North Wembley
- 2 Neighbours urge Brent to stop asphalting Conservation Areas
- 3 Wembley Park drug dealer who used encrypted phone network jailed
- 4 Fifth man arrested in connection with fatal stabbing of Sven Badzak
- 5 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 6 Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- 7 Police continue Wembley murder investigation after footage emerges
- 8 Two men steal dog at knifepoint in Alperton robbery
- 9 Two arrested after man survives being stabbed in Wembley
- 10 Neasden teen jailed for manslaughter of Meshach Williams in Harlesden
“I decided to do a fundraiser and entertain the most valuable people in our community,” she said.