Coronavirus: Neasden woman hosting free YouTube entertainment with donations to Age uK
- Credit: Archant
A Neasden woman is hosting a free virtual entertainment event for people in retirement and those living in care homes.
Yasmin Niazi, who lives in Dorman Walk, will be online on Monday (May 11) from 5pm to 6pm, with all proceeds going to Age UK.
Her Past Your Bedtime event includes narrated stories from the past, and she also has a quiz planned “with prizes”.
The 49-year-old said: “Many elderly people are left alone at the moment, they can’t see family, they can’t socialise, they are locked down in their homes.
“I’m offering to entertain them and their families and raise some money at the same time.”
Yasmin, who lost her father to cancer last year, is currently doing a course in event management and has been asked to organise an event.
“At this time I want to do something that has a bit more meaning and is close to my heart.
- 1 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 2 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 3 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 4 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 5 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 8 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 9 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
“I decided to do a fundraiser and entertain the most valuable people in our community,” she said.